1. The Customer must notify the Carriers about any equipment used for recording transport and/or shipment-related data (GPS and sensor data) without limitation and for tracking shipments during the handling/transportation of shipments by Carriers or on their behalf (“Tracking Device”).
The Customer must declare the use of any Tracking Device on making the booking and must include the brand, type and ID number of the Tracking Device on the Air Waybill in accordance with the instructions of the Carriers.
2. Any Tracking Device must be securely contained in the cargo or the container.
3. Only Tracking Devices that (1) have been certified in accordance with the EASA regulations, (2) have been installed in accordance with the instructions of the manufacturer of the Tracking Device and the requirements of the Carriers for acceptance of active trackers and (3) have been explicitly approved by the Carriers on AFKL Cargo web page “Your active tracking device”
are permissible. Carriers reserve the right to offload and refuse carriage of a shipment in the event of non-compliance with this provision. Tracking Devices are only permissible on AF, KL and MP approved flights as indicated on AFKL Cargo web page “Your active tracking device”
4. The use of Tracking Devices shall not create any additional obligations for the Carriers. Acceptance of the Tracking Device by the Carriers does not constitute acceptance of the veracity of the Tracking Device Data and/or fitness for any purpose. To the extent permitted by law, the Carriers will not be liable for any damage or losses resulting from the use of the Tracking Device.
5. The Customer will be solely responsible for the Tracking Device and the data derived from it (“Tracking Device Data”) and will indemnify the Carriers against any and all damages, fines and losses of whatever nature which may result from the use of the Tracking Device or the non-compliance with any of these conditions.
6. Tracking Device Data may only be used for internal quality purposes. Tracking Device Data may not be shared with any third party data aggregator or any other third party intending to commercialise the Tracking Device Data. In the event Tracking Device Data is shared with the Carriers, the Customer agrees that the Carriers may use the data at their own discretion.
8. All Tracking Devices are also subject to the shipment´s Acceptance Policy requirements set forth above and the requirements of the Carriers for acceptance of active trackers available at AFKL Cargo web page “Your active tracking device”
. Please note that Tracking Devices containing lithium batteries are subject to the applicable IATA DGR regulations.